August Calendar 2013
The Grenada School District started with a bang last Thursday with an approximate enrollment of 4,332 students overall. Grenada Lower Elementary had 1,521 students registered in grades K-3, Grenada Upper Elementary had 671 students enrolled in grades 4 – 5, Grenada Middle school had 990 signed up in grades 6 – 8, and Grenada High School had 1,150 enrolled in grades 9 – 12. Our school district is blessed with the opportunity to touch the lives of this extraordinary number of students within our community each year.
On Wednesday, August 7, 2013, GSD students attended “Meet the Teacher” day. This day allows students and parents time to locate classrooms, make a personal connection with new teachers, and find out any special requirements for classes. Students enjoy visiting teachers from previous years during this time as well. Many teachers appreciate the opportunity to put a face with a name before the rush of the first day of school and to make that all-important initial contact with parents. Once this important day is over, it’s full steam ahead for the new school year!
Each year, the calendar of events for the Grenada School District grows. Many important events and activities take place during the first few weeks and months of school. This year is no exception with an August calendar chocked full of important happenings. Important events to remember this month include:
- August 13, 2013 –, Band Chaperone Meeting (5:30p.m.), School Board Meeting (6:30p.m.)
- August 14, 2013– Full Band Rehearsal (3:40p.m. – 5:15p.m.)
- August 17, 2013 – GHS Guard and Drum Camp(12:00p.m GHS Gym and Band Hall), Slow Pitch Softball Tournament (Eupora – Away)
- August 19, 2013 – GHS Band Beat the Heat practice (6:00p.m. – 8:30p.m), Aimsweb Testing
- August 20, 2013 – GUES Pizzazz Rehearsal (2:40 - 4:30....pick up not later than 4:45), Slow Pitch Softball against Charleston (Home – 4:30p.m.), GMS Football Cheerleader Practice, Band Dessert Supper( GHS Auditorium and Cafeteria - 7:00p.m.), Aimsweb Testing
- August 21, 2013 – GHS Full Band Practice (3:40p.m. – 5:15p.m.), Aimsweb Testing
- August 22, 2013 – GHS Slow Pitch Softball against Clinton (Home – 4:30p.m.), Visions practice (GHS Auditorium – 4:00p.m), GMS Football Cheerleader practice (3:30p.m. – 5:00p.m.), Aimsweb Testing
- August 23, 2013- Aimsweb Testing
- August 24, 2013– GHS Slow Pitch Softball Tournament – Home
- August 26, 2013– GHS Band Beat the Heat practice (6:00p.m. – 8:30p.m.), GHS JV Football against South Panola (Home)
- August 27, 2013– GHS Slow Pitch Softball against South Panola (Away – 4:00p.m.), GMS Football against Holly Springs (Away – 5:30p.m.)
- August 28, 2013– GHS Band Pizza Delivery
- August 29, 2013– GCTC begins baseline testing for all programs, Visions practice (4:00p.m.), GMS Football Cheerleader practice (3:30p.m. – 5:00p.m.)
- August 30, 2013 – GHS Football against Greenwood (Away – 7:00p.m.
Grenada School District wishes all students and faculty an extraordinary 2013 – 2014 school year. Make plans to support the Grenada School District at one or more of the numerous events planned each month. Monthly event calendars for the district can be found on the GSD website: www.gsd.k12.ms.us This calendar may also be downloaded to your smart phone by following these directions:
- On phone go to “Settings”
- Click – “Mail”, “Contacts”, “Calendars”
- Click – “Add Account”
- Click – “Other”
- Under Calendar Heading click – “Add Subscribed Calendar”
- In server box type: www.calendarwiz.com/CalendarWiz_iCal.php?crd=gsdcalendar
These directions may also be found on the GSD website. You may also contact respective schools for more information.