In the Loop Editor
GHS Charger Olympics 2015
Ready, Set, Go! These words echoed throughout the gym at Grenada High School recently as students and teachers competed in the annual Charger Olympics. This event pits teams from each class and a teacher team against each other in wacky, group-centered games designed to test competitors ability to work together to win. Charger Olympics are normally held during Homecoming Week, but due to unforeseen circumstances this year, they were postponed until October. The event is a fundraiser for the annual staff and helps pay expenses incurred by that group each year.
Team members competing in the Charger Olympic games this year included:
• Teachers – Mrs. Chantel Chandler, Mrs. Andrea Newsom, Mrs. Sidney Samples, Coach Casey Cockerell, Coach Colin Ray, and Mr. Terry Crowder.
• Seniors – Will Allen(alternate) Jelesea Kimble, Shedrick Robinson, Daniel Signore, Kristen Thomas, Markesha Wilks, and Roderick Wiggins
• Juniors – Matthew Cobbins, Casey Cockerel, Tori Dubard, Jazmen Everett, Consuela Johnson and Tahj Sledge
• Sophomores - Xavier Ellis, Katie Fly, Tiasia Harvey, Ke’asia Spearman, Frederick Tidwell, and Tye Williams
• Freshmen – Zach Braswell, Jenna Coker, Kunsacea Harges, Presley Rice, Shane Vazquez, and Mykel Yates
The winners of the event were: Teachers, first place – gold medal; Juniors, second place – silver medal; Freshmen, third place – bronze medal; Sophomores, fourth place – spirit medal; Seniors, fifth place – spirit medals.
Congratulations to all the winners and a big thanks to all who participated!