Grenada Schools have an articulation agreement with Holmes Community College which affords high school seniors, who meet established requirements, the opportunity to earn both high school and college credit during the regular school day on the high school campus.
• Students must be classified as a Senior with at least 20 credits, have an overall GPA of 85 or higher, must have passed at least 5 credits from the previous year with NO major disciplinary infractions to participate.
• Classes are taken during the regular school day at the Grenada High School campus.
• GHS is currently offering English Composition I, II, American Literature I and II,and College Algebra for the 2014/2015 school year.
• If interested in English Composition, the student must have an English ACT sub-score 18 to be eligible.
• Students interested in taking College Algebra must have a math ACT sub-score of 20 to be eligible.
• Once the student completes College Algebra for one semester, the student will receive college credit and one high school credit for math.
• Please remember that these classes are college level courses. Even though they will be taught on our campus, the classes will be rigorous in content.
• At least $100 fee per semester applies. Fee is paid to Holmes CC upon registration. If not paid, student will not receive high school or college credit.
• Please do not sign up for these courses until ALL eligibility requirements are met!Eligible students may participate in either the program on the campus of Holmes CC or GHS but not both.